Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hello! Hello!

Ahhh, I finally decided to join the blogging world after months of lurking about and being inspired by so many others. I have so many random thoughts running through my head as well as so many goals and dreams that I wish to accomplish. I figure writing about these is one way of holding myself accountable and making sure I never forget them.

So let me tell you a little about me....
I am a stay-at-home-wife to a great guy who definitely tries his hardest to make me happy and yet still stay sane at the same time! I am currently finishing my bachelor's degree in History although I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Hopefully nothing since hubby and I are trying to start a family and we always planned on me being a SAHM. I used to work for a bank but quit about a year ago because at the time my school schedule wouldn't allow me enough time to do both. Although I sometimes get bored if I haven't planned my day accordingly I LOVE the freedom of not working and being able to spend time caring for the hubster and our home. Which leads me to my next point...I am a planner. I love to plan things...even when I don't follow through with them. It is really sad how obsessive I am about planning things. I plan my daily, weekly, and monthly schedules, what I plan on wearing for the day, my exercise routine, and our finances (almost every penny) among many other things. 

I have many interests most of which are things I aspire to get more involved with and learn more about including: photography, sewing, blogging, digital scrapbooking, church, running, fashion, cooking (baking especially), and caring for my home and minature dachshund Frank...he's weinerlicious! Oh yeah, I also have this slight obsession and have always wanted to be like June Cleaver, that perfect 50's housewife. I've always looked back on the 40s & 50s with so much nostalgia (even though I wasn't born till the early 80s). Everything from that era seemed so much simpler and was a time when families, God, and morals were still important. I am far from achieving this goal, but I really look to women of this generation for inspiration.

This introductory post has certainly gotten much longer than I intended it to be and I still have so much more I would like to write about. I suppose it will have to wait...I'm off to feed our children (we also have a kitty, but she's not nearly as cool as the weiner dog!)

No comments: