Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm still alive!

****Side Note: In the midst of typing this last night first our wireless router went out and then to top it off our electricity went out! That's why this is just now getting posted. ***


Wow, I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post! I wish I could say that I've been super busy, unfortunately though I've just been lazy. Let me give you a quick run down on everything that has happened since my last post....

Rob & I were able to get home to Cincy for the 4th of July. We stopped at his parent's house in Kentucky and stayed with them for a few days before continuing to the Nasty Nati. While there we were treated to many delicious meals. Then Rob's mom wanted to take me shopping for baby clothes....this baby now has a fully stocked wardrobe! You would not believe how much stuff she bought us. In addition to this very generous gift his parents also decided they wanted to pay for the baby crib. But that's not all....Rob got a very exciting surprise as well....they gave him their old '95 Corvette! He is thrilled to have a sports car again. There's just one problem...he's scared to drive it because he doesn't want to leave it unattended in a parking lot!

When we finally got to Ohio we had a great time there as well. We again ate tons of delicious food including all of our Cincinnati favorites. My sister gave me a box full of baby items including some more clothes. My mom also had a stash of clothes she was saving. Then to top it off we made a trip to the Carter's outlet where she bought us more, plus I couldn't resist and bought a few adorable outfits myself. Then to top the trip off, my mom bought us our travel system...a Chicco stroller & car seat!!! I was so excited to get our first official piece of "gear" for the baby!

We were also able to spend the 4th at "the cottage" where we have spent the last 8 Fourth of July's (minus last years'). "The cottage" is owned by the parents of Rob's friend Tommy who always make us (plus the 100 other people who show up) feel welcome....as well as feeding us all! I wish that I had some pictures to post, however, it was very rainy this year and I was worried about getting my expensive camera wet!

Since we've been home we have sold Rob's junky Blazer (yeah!) and now have my old Alero for sale. I am sad (not really) to report that our kitty Tiger is no longer with us. She had been having some major behavioral issues for quite some time now which I am certain would have continued to get worse once the baby arrived. I finally got fed up when I caught her pooping on the guest bathroom rug (for the 20th time) and decided she could no longer live with us any more. This combined with her random biting and clawing attacks on me and every stranger that entered our door told me she wouldn't be a good fit with a child. I think about her every day and pray that she will be adopted by a new lovable family. 

I suppose that I should let you in on my new "hobby" since I currently don't have a life....digital scrapbooking! I am already addicted! This is something that I have been wanting to try for a very long time. It is actually what I had in mind when I convinced Rob that I needed my MacBook and my new Canon Digital Rebel camera. Before I spent any more money on software though I wanted to "try" it to make sure I liked it. I then learned that you could download a free 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements from Adobe.com and there are various "free" digital kits you can get from 2peas. It is taking me a little bit of time to figure out the software, but so far I am loving it. It is so much faster, cleaner, easier, and cheaper than "traditional" scrapping. I discovered 2peas in a bucket about 4 years ago when I first became interested in "traditional" scrapbooking. They have many different forums and information available for photography/scrapping. I love looking through their member galleries for inspiration. Here are a few layouts that I have created this week...










Currently I am sitting in an 80 degree house because our air conditioner decided to go out this afternoon. We're pretty sure it is still under warranty so hopefully it will be getting fixed very soon. We 're hoping someone can come to fix it tomorrow or Tuesday because we will be leaving to go back to Ohio for my baby shower on Wednesday morning. Otherwise our house will be stinky and miserably hot by the time we get home :(

At least my excitement over the shower will keep my mind off the fact that our house will be slowly rotting in 95 degree Alabama heat! I am really looking forward to this. My sister & mother have been planning it and it sounds like it will be really nice...they're even getting me a Chick-fil-a nugget tray and a cookie cake! Now, that's my kind of food! It's also going to be really fun to visit with a lot of old friends, neighbors, and family. I can't wait to post pictures of all the goodies we get! I'll also post a pic of our travel system and all the adorable baby clothes courtesy of Grandmas A. & C.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Just popped over here from Britni's site. Looks like we have a lot in common.

Your digital pages are great!