Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Recap...and Happy Father's Day!

I'm sitting here typing this when I should be in church right now. Rob had to work today so Britni & her hubby, Justin, were going to pick me up this morning so I could go with them. I got myself all prettied up and was sitting on the couch waiting for them when suddenly I got the most awful stomach ache ever. I felt terrible but I had to call them and tell them I wasn't going. Of course 5 minutes later it went away and now I feel fine again. Figures.

I had a really good weekend, although not very productive. On Friday night Britni & I went to the movies expecting to see the new SATC movie. By the time we got through the never ending ticket line though it had been sold out. So we decided to go see What Happens in Vegas starring Cameron Diaz & Ashton Kutcher instead. I really didn't have high expectations for the movie, but it turned out much better than anticipated.

On Saturday I planned on going to the gym to exercise my fat pregnant self, but something came over me, and Frank and I fell asleep on the couch after Rob left for work and we slept till 11:30! Shame on me! I haven't slept that late in years. Then Rob called and told me we were going out to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Felix's, with Justin & Britni, and another couple - Chad & Melissa (Chad is a good friend of Rob & Justin's from Pharmacy School @ Auburn) who were in town for the weekend. This made my day...did I mention it is my favorite restaurant in Mobile? But now I didn't have any time to go to the gym since I also needed to go to the mall and buy some more clothes that actually fit me. Until recently I was still able to wear some of my "regular" clothes, but I have now graduated and am fully in maternity clothes now :(

Anyway, dinner was excellent and we had a great time with our friends.While at the mall I also picked up this adorable Auburn baby gift set (t-shirt & bloomers) for our little man for Rob's Father's Day gift. Now our little one can be decked out when they watch the Auburn/Alabama game together!


In other news....we painted the nursery (pictures to come) last week. We did a light blue above the chair rail and a brown on the bottom. I'm not used to seeing so much color in that room, but I think it will grow on me. It also looks funny because we've still got the double bed set up in there to be used as a guest room. The crib also arrived from the Land of Nod and let's just say I'm not that impressed :( The first one they sent us had a broken side rail, so I called and they sent a new one. It's now fixed and I like the Jenny Lind style (I was going for a vintage
 theme), however, it doesn't seem as sturdy as I'd like it to. We plan on using the same crib for every child we have (3 or4) and I'm concerned about the quality. We found a great baby store here in town that we found a dresser/hutch piece and upholstered glider that we plan on ordering and they also sell an incredibly sturdy crib that matches the dresser/hutch which we're considering purchasing and sending this other crib back. The problem is that this new crib is $700! That's nearly double what the LON one cost. And it's not the style that I wanted, however, it is still beautiful - and like I said incredibly sturdy. Now, I'm not sure what to do :( I'll update you later when we decide.
Here's a picture of the new one we're considering



Oh and here's an updated picture of my baby belly, taken last week at 21 weeks (please ignore my dirty painting clothes!)

Well, I'm off - I've got a monstrous cleaning to do list for this afternoon that I've been putting off for too long. Our house is a mess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! I LOVE the Auburn outfit - that is adorable (you know it must be REALLY cute since this is coming from an Alabama fan!)