Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday (and other randomness)

Well, my pregnancy brain has officially gotten to me. Looking back at my previous posts I realized that I completely forgot to post a "Thankful Thursday" last week. Shame on me. I'll try to make up for it in this post. Here are some things I'm thankful for:

-my mom & dad are driving down for one last pre-baby visit this weekend.

-2 new (OK, the first that I've ever signed up for) classes that I am taking at church. The first class is a Bible study using the first book below and the second class is taught using the other. I'm really excited because Britni & I are taking the 2nd class together. She has written a really good post about the book on her blog...however, it is password protected. But send her an email (or comment on her "fake" blog) and she will give you the password...trust me, she loves new visitors! 
Loving God with All Your Mind    Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God's Spirit Invades the Heart of His People

OK, back to my list....

-Rob, my great hubby, who has been trying really hard lately (or at least offering) to help me get things done around the house and getting final things done for the baby. 

-Finding my midwife and doula who have given me back my confidence in trying to have a natural childbirth. 

-Finally getting our one remaining guest room (kinda) put back in order. (This is after we had to condense 2 guest rooms into one, to make room for the baby's nursery).



Now, back to my awful pregnancy brain. Three nights ago I was making spaghetti for dinner. I put the noodles on to boil and went about my business. When the noodles were finished I drained them and put them in a bowl, then turned to get the sauce. I stood there for a minute a little confused and finally said "where's my sauce?" Apparently I thought it was going to cook itself. I had completely forgotten about it! Luckily I'm no gourmet chef and prefer Prego out of a jar. And since I'm too lazy to make "real" meatballs I always just brown up some ground beef and add it into the sauce....which I had already cooked earlier in the day. So I just had to take out the beef, mix it in with a jar of Prego and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes. Dinner was saved! Unfortunately I also forgot to make garlic bread, which there was no time for at that point. Rob's least favorite meal got moved even farther down on the list (if that's possible). 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you promoting my blog! My goal is to be a "Kelly" one day - probably never gonna happen!

Jamie said...

Don't worry about the Mommy Brian. Trust me - it just gets worse. :) Just wait until you put milk in the pantry. I have done that with all 3 pregnancies.

I love Elizabeth George - that should be a good study.

Jessica said...

I think it is awesome that you are trying for a natural birth!! I want one as well, but it can be discouraging when you can't find support.
Have a good week! : )