Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Destin Trip & Hurricane Gustav

We're back! We had a great time on our short trip to Destin with Justin & Britni and Austin & Melissa. Unfortunately our trip was cut even shorter because inept meteorologists scared us into thinking Gustav was going to be worse than Katrina, so we left a day early to ensure we could rescue Frank from the kennel. You can see the WILD video of our poor Bradford Pear tree, taken during the height of the storm towards the bottom of this post. First of all, though, here are some pics from our vacation....

The outside of the beautiful house Melissa picked out for us

Our own private pool

The beautiful entry and staircase leading to the 2nd & 3rd floors

Family Room and Entry

Rob & I

Britni & I

Saturday night we went to Baytown Wharf to eat and watch some football. We ate at Poppy's (home of the $6 bottle of water) and then went to a sports bar to watch the game.

Me, Britni, & Melissa

Melissa & Austin

Rob & I


Here's that crazy video of our little tree...I'm REALLY surprised she made it through such a treacherous storm (sarcasm!)



Even though the storm was wild, Frank was still terrified...he's such a wiener!



I was talking to Britni tonight and she wants me to sign up for a yoga class at our church. I'm really excited, I've never done yoga before, so I'm a little scared, but I think it will be really fun. Of course I can barely bend over to put my pants on or tie my shoes right now...so watching me will be very humorous for everyone in the class till the little one arrives. But I'm hoping it will be a nice addition to my post-pregnancy workout routine....part of my get my body back as soon as possible plan!





2 comments:

Jessica said...

So much to comment on!
1. The staircase in that condo is just gorgeous!
2. I'm so happy you are having a great pregnancy. You are one month ahead of me. : )
3. Your dog is sweet. I'm glad he got rescued! Ha, ha!

Erin said...

Hey Audrey,

Thanks so much for saying hi on my blog. I'm glad that some normal people found my blog through that place. I was a little worried! haha. You and your hubby and darling. How exciting that you have a little one coming. Hope you don't mind if I stop in from time to time!

Erin