Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth!



Guess where we're going??? We are so excited! Rob's brother and his wife have invited us to tag along with them in September for a trip to Disney World! We have been wanting to go for a long time, but before we had Brady we weren't sure how much fun it would be for 2 adults. Instead we kept using Rob's vacation time for trips back to Cincy and one nice trip to the Mayan Riviera. After Brady came along there was no point in going with a newborn. But by the time we take this trip he will almost be 2 years old. Still not old enough to remember the trip or recognize any of the characters, but I do think he will enjoy himself.

The only time I've ever been to Disney World was when I was a kid and my parents took our family. We ended up not using one of the days on the tickets that my parents had bought for us, so they saved them because they had been told they were good for a lifetime. My mom called the park last week to verify that they really were still good and they are! The date on the tickets is from November 1991! Can you believe that? They will definitely come in handy since tickets are so expensive. Thank you mom for keeping up with them for the past 18 years and for letting us have them! If anyone has any planning advice or ideas to keep a 23 month old happy please let me know.

Our kitchen floors are done - YAY! And Rob finished the laundry room this morning - YAY! It looks great, but we still need to put down new baseboards, so the edges still look a little unfinished. And I'm trying to find some fabric that I like for some window treatments. I will post pictures soon.

3 comments:

heididh33 said...

Fun!! That is exciting!! And you will get some awesome pictures. :) Oh yeah.. and memories. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You are all going to have so much fun! And congrats on getting the floors done. You'll have to post pictures. You are very handy! Have a great weekend.

Britni said...

Fun!!!! I can just see Brady laughing at all of the characters!!