Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Morning



This morning I've been cleaning out Brady's closet. IT. WAS. A. MESS. Seriously. For about the past 9 months whenever he would outgrow something I would just open the closet door and toss whatever it was into an old diaper box and think to myself someday I'll sort this all out and properly store it. Well, the day finally came today. In an effort to turn our house into a well-organized, smoothly run and operated HOME I decided something needed to be done with the piles of clothes, burp cloths, pacis, bottles, and breast pump that were suffocating his closet space. I almost shed a tear as I was going through it all. WHY did I not enjoy him more when he was that little? Oh, it makes me so sad. I think it may have had something to do with the lack of sleep, but how I would love to go back and snuggle with him one more time.




Here is the mountain of baby goods that will soon be taken up to the attic. There's another mountain that is waiting to be packed up and taken to Goodwill also.

I also stumbled upon a few old pictures of him taken when he was between 0-3 months old that really made me just about want to cry. I am going to try and scan some of them on to the computer later tonight so I can post them here. Seriously, going through this stuff made my ovaries ache. I want another baby so bad, but I remember how HARD it was in the beginning with Brady and I'm terrified to go through it again while living so far away from our family and having a toddler to care for as well. Oh, but the rewards would be so worth it! And as I've learned already the hard part won't last forever. Soon enough I'd be packing up their clothes for storage and be wanting a third!

Brady's closet is now nearly empty and I'm really quite jealous of all the space he has. I'm not quite sure what to put in there. He really doesn't use his closet - I keep almost everything of his in his dresser/changing table area so that I can have quick access to it. I might just move some of my clothes in there, since our closet is teeny tiny and Rob hogs all the space!


EDITED : See what I mean....click on this link and cry with me please! Can we please go back in time for just one more day???

1 comment:

Britni said...

Baby Nicholson says "thank you" for the goodies!!!