Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival

On Friday we drove across the bay and went to the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival. I have wanted to go to this for the past 2 years, but it always falls on a weekend when Rob has to work. Lucky for me though Rob now has every Friday off so we were able to attend! I took my small point & shoot camera with us, but I haven't used it in so long that I have lost the cord to upload the pics with. Bummer. I'm sure I'll find it eventually though. Here are the treasures we bought.....of course everything is for Brady :)

Brady's personalized Easter Pail

A silhouette of Brady.
This is one of the neatest things I've ever seen done. I thought the man doing them would snap a picture of his profile or sketch it on paper, then cut it out. But, nope, he sat down right next to Brady with NOTHING but a piece of paper and scissors and cut this out in about 3 minutes. Meanwhile Brady was flailing his arms and legs all over the place. Definitely a lost art!

Brady's Quiet Book for church.
I have actually been wanting to make one for him myself. But my sewing skills certainly aren't up to par and I have a slight case of OCD, so I knew I would hate whatever I made since it wasn't perfect. So when I saw this I knew I had to have it. Personally,I would have chosen some cuter fabric, but I know it will keep Brady busy.

Here are the inside pages.

Today was such a BLAH day. Tell I'm not the only one that has those! It started off poorly when Frank woke us up at 2am scratching and shaking all over our bed. He wouldn't stop, so finally we turned on the lights and looked at him and he was breaking out in hives. Poor thing. He got a TERRIBLE case of them last year too. I think he either ate or got stung by a bumble bee both times, but not positive. Anyway, he was having some sort of allergic reaction.  This morning I noticed he was actually bleeding under one of his arms where he had been scratching himself so much. Poor thing:( Anyway Rob got up to get him some medicine and bring his cage inside. He was driving us nuts in our bed. We were up with him for an hour and then just as I started to drift back to sleep Brady woke up screaming so I had to go put him back to bed which took about a 1/2 hour. Needless to say, we didn't get a full night's sleep which led to all of us oversleeping this morning and missing church. So I was already not too happy when I woke up.

On top of all that the weather today was cold and overcast. I did take Brady out back to swing for about a 1/2 hour this morning, but then I made him come inside because I was freezing. I put him down for a nap but he woke up after only an hour (he normally sleeps for at least 2) so I went into his room to rock him back to sleep, but he would n't let me put him down. So I rocked him and let him sleep on me for another hour and a half. I tried to enjoy my time with him as best as I could sitting straight up with my arm falling asleep :) By the time Rob got home Brady & I were both going a little nutty, so thankfully he suggested we go out to dinner so that we could get out of the house. Let's hope tonight/tomorrow is better!

No comments: