Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yummy Goodness

A few months ago I checked this book out from the library and made copies of the recipes that I wanted to try.

Sweet Gratitude

I think I have found the world's greatest chocolate chip cookie recipe....seriously. I made them this afternoon to take with us for our trip to Destin, FL this weekend. I'm honestly surprised that Rob & I haven't eaten them all yet. I'm sorry, Nestle Toll House....I will never look at you the same.

Here's the recipe in case you need another reason to go on a diet. Your thighs will hate me.


Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks (I used Ghiradelli)
3/4  to 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
1/2 to 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle Toll House)


-Put the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees

-Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.

-In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 mins. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture in two additions. Using a sturdy wooden spoon, stir in all the chocolate chips (this is a workout!).

-Drop the dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, switching the position of the baking sheets halfway through baking, until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Let cool on the baking sheets for 1-2 mins, then transfer the cookies to racks to cool completely. Makes about 60 cookies. 

I'm not kidding when I say these are worthy of being sold in a bakery. I can't wait to try some more recipes from this book!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those look so yummy! Can't wait to try them for my aunt's Labor Day party this weekend. And your blog is just the BEST and makes me smile on days that are yucky. :)