Thursday, August 21, 2008

Trying out our new Flip Video

Rob & I have been discussing buying a camcorder for some time now so that we can record some memories with the baby when he arrives. However, we really didn't want to spend a lot of money on one. Call me weird, but I prefer photos over video. But I still wanted some video footage to recall the little one's early years. 

My friend Britni told me about the Flip Video which she & her hubby were thinking about purchasing. It sounded perfect for us, so we looked into it a little more & decided to buy one. It doesn't hold a lot of footage - only about 60 min worth. But it is so fast & easy to use...you just plug it into your computer's USB port and the videos you've already taken download to your computer VERY quickly, thus freeing up more space for you to take more footage. It's very small (about the size of an iPod or cell phone) and the best part was that it was only about $160....I think....we bought the Mino (the most expensive one) and Best Buy had them on sale. Anyway, we found what we needed without spending $1000. Perfect for me. Here's the first video we took. What else would we record besides our precious weenie Frank. Hopefully this will work and everyone can view it because this is how we plan on sending video footage to the grandmas & grandpas once Baby C. arrives!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

I laughed my head off at Frank! I will definitely be looking into getting the Flip Video. I always forget about our camcorder!!

Anonymous said...

Audrey - Your video was great! I miss Frankie and so does George and Dad. This will be great for videos of the baby (whatever his name is) Love you, Mom