Monday, October 12, 2009

Feeling So Blessed

Did anyone watch Oprah this past Wednesday? Unfortunately I didn't get to see it. I rarely watch Oprah anymore (she really annoys me), but I really wish I had seen this episode. A while back I heard about a fellow blogger, Nie Nie (Stephanie Nielson), who had been in a terrible plane crash along with her husband. I try to stay away from sad stories because they make me cry, so I didn't visit her blog or bother learning more about her story. Well, Oprah's show was about her and everyone in the blogging world seems to have posted about it. Here is a link to an article about the episode. So, I have spent the last two days devouring her archives. And I have cried, and cried, and cried. Her spirit and love for her children & Mr. Nielson (her husband) is amazing and beautiful, and inspiring. Reading her words has definitely touched my life and had an impact on my attitude. Please check her blog out here.

We are still working on our projects. Pictures will come soon, I promise. Rob has been working so hard. I don't think he sat down once today and now he's at work till 10 tonight. Something tells me he's going to be grumpy when he gets home. I'm baking him chocolate chip cookies as we speak to sugar him up. OK, I lie - I'm baking MYSELF chocolate chip cookies. But I might let him have one:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed you! I'm with you I don't really watch Oprah much anymore. I checked out the blog though and wow! Thank you for sharing. What an amazing story and love. It is good to be reminded of how blessed we are!

Britni said...

I did watch this Oprah episode. I found her blog the day before the show. Amazing story! It really made me think about all of the little things I do each day and take for granted.