Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween



I've never been a huge Halloween fan (besides the part about eating candy till you want to explode). I think this is in large part due to my parents never making a fuss about it. We went trick or treating every year, but  I don't EVER remember my mom buying me a costume. I was always something homemade and thrown together at the last minute and a dime was never spent. I can't even tell you how many times I went as a court jester (some old costume we had, which I'm pretty sure was given to us for free), witch, or hillbilly. I think all this somehow squished my enthusiasm for the holiday. Which is ok with me. I still don't like the "scary" stuff associated with Halloween. I prefer the cute costumes and decorations instead. But mark my words....my children will never feel like outcasts because they don't have a costume:)

Brady had so much fun trick-or-treating. In my opinion he was still too little to need all that junk food....thank God I'm here to eat it for him:) But he sure did have a blast knocking on doors and saying his version of "trick-or-treat". My child is fearless and not the least bit shy. He was barging in every house we went to. And was adorable telling everyone "Tank Yu". It really made me smile.

One other thing I want to make note of: We've been singing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" together a lot lately and Brady knows almost all of the movements that go along with it. Sometimes I don't even do them and I just watch him. I cry every time I see him do it. I don't know why. He is growing up too fast.

No comments: