Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Name

We've actually had our newest addition's name picked out for quite a while. And we've already shared it with the majority of our friends and family. With Brady we kept the name a secret until he was born. The main reason for this was that I didn't want any unsolicited opinions about whether or not people liked the name we had chosen. I was scared that if someone said they didn't like it we might start to question it ourselves.  This time around though I feel a bit more confident about my role as a mother and couldn't care less if people like the name or not :) So here it is.......



Today is also my big sister's birthday! I doubt she reads this little ole' blog of mine, but if she does I just want to say Happy Birthday Sister! Just remember you will always be older than me :)

And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We don't have any plans this year. All our family lives too far away to celebrate with. I'll be cooking some of Rob's favorites and he is planning on trying something new....cooking a beer can turkey on his Big Green Egg. Hopefully it's edible? I must confess that Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday.....only because it revolves around eating and I am the world's pickiest eater and don't like any of the traditional food. Growing up I always ate a frozen pizza while the rest of my family enjoyed their feast. I'm trying my hardest this year to make it a happy celebration even though I would really prefer some Chinese takeout:)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I love the name! It is one we considered. Congrats! I am so happy for you all. I hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving!